How does the following program works
Lots have been said and discussed about solving Sudoku puzzles automatically.
The program above works in two modes .
It first creates a list of possible entries for all the empty squares. (1 loop in each dimension of the 3 dimensions , horizontal, vertical and within the block)
If then searches for the square with the least possiblities and spawns X new sudoku puzzles with N-1 unknow squares where N was the nr of unknown squares of the previous Puzzle.
These X puzzles are then recursively analysed again
- 3 dimension check of puzzle with N unknown
- search for one of the squares with the lowest amount of possibilities
- spawn X puzzles with N-1 unknown entries
- check if puzzle is solved ==> if yes print out and exit
- feed them to this algorithme again